Blackjack is a classic game that has remained an all-time casino favorite, and it’s easy to see why. Fast, fun, and potentially remunerative when played with the right strategy, blackjack ticks all the boxes of what makes an exciting and profitable game. At casinomole.com, you’re just a few clicks away from enjoying your favorite blackjack game at the best online casinos Ireland has to offer. Simply choose from any of our top-rated casinos and start playing!
Top Online Blackjack Casinos For Ireland in 2020
Choosing the Best Irish Online Blackjack Games
When playing blackjack online, the most important decision you will make is deciding where to play. That said, when choosing an online gambling platform, one should check the safety, fair play, quality and quantity of games, and speed of payout of each site.
Irish players will be blown away by the abundance of online blackjack casinos available these days. And, with such a huge option of topnotch blackjack sites, deciding which one is right for you can indeed become a bit of a challenge. Fortunately, here at casinomole.com, we’ve made it easier for Irish players to find the very best online casinos in Ireland. No need to waste your time searching all over the web, just head on to our shortlist of the top Irish sites that meet, if not exceed, the needs and requirements of all modern players.
Different Blackjack Game Variations
Just like several other popular gambling games, blackjack has inspired an array of different variants of the game, with each of them adding new excitement to the game. Our top recommended Irish sites offer a host of the popular blackjack variations for 2020, so you have a lot of choices, including the following:
With the switch blackjack version, instead of just one hand, the player gets two hands at a time with the option to switch the top two cards between hands to try and improve their chances of winning.
This is played out in the same way as the original version, but this form allows players to surrender their hand after the first two cards are dealt and in return recover half of his/her bet.
Pontoon, is very much similar to the traditional form of the game, except it allows players to double down, or ‘buy’ a card prior to taking multiple subsequent hits. Unlike in Blackjack where players can only double down on their original two cards, pontoon also enables players to double down with more than two cards in their hands.
With perfect blackjack, players are given the chance to make a side bet on whether they or the dealer (or both) will be dealt with two of the same cards. If the first two cards are a ‘perfect’ pair – meaning that they are a pair in the exact same suit.
The type of blackjack game that uses only two decks of cards. There’s no hole card in this variation of the game and doubling down is also restricted.
This form of blackjack allows players to play with two or more hands at once.
Rules: How to Play Blackjack Online
Blackjack may seem intimidating to play, especially for first-timers, because of some terminologies and standard actions involved in the game. Nonetheless, the game is actually easy to learn and get the hang of. In the game of blackjack, your objective is to achieve a hand with a higher total than that of the dealer’s without ‘busting’ or going over 21. Likewise, it is important to note that in this game, you are only up against the dealer.
Blackjack: Order of Play
- To begin with, players are dealt with two cards face-up.
- After all the participants in the blackjack table have been dealt their two cards, the dealer is going to deal his or her self with two cards – one card faced up while the other faced down.
- Now you’ll be given the chance to choose your actions or how you will play your hand. You can choose from the following moves:
- Hit: This means that you will want the dealer to deal you with another card, and is the move you choose if you think an additional card will improve your hand or help you achieve a score of 21.
- Stand: Means you opt not to take any more cards. When you stand, aka stick, play continues onto the next player, either another table player or the dealer.
- Double (Double down): This move enables you to double your stake in the middle of a hand in exchange for one more card. The additional card usually ends your betting, making this a risky move to make.
- Split: Split enables you to divide a hand of two cards of the same value or rank (for example two Aces), turning them into two individual hands. Here you’ll need to place a full initial bet identical to the original bet with each.
- Surrender: The surrender option provides you the chance to admit defeat and not play out your hand after your initial two cards are dealt, and in turn forfeit 50% of your wager. When played right, surrender can lower the house edge by up to 0.1% although not all casinos may allow players to surrender.
- Insurance: The offer of insurance, is in effect an option to ensure you don’t lose out too badly, and is typically given when the dealer’s upcard is an Ace. Taking the offer, you can make a side bet (up to half the initial bet) in an attempt to predict that the dealer’s other card is a face card. Should the dealer get a blackjack, it pays out at 2/1. If the dealer doesn’t, the stake is lost.
In blackjack, each card is equivalent to a certain number of points. Cards 2 through to 10 simply carry on their face value while the King, Queen, and Jack are worth 10 points. The ace is the only one that can be worth 1 point or 11 points depending on what is needed in the hand. A hand with an ace valued as 11 is referred to as a soft hand, while the one with the ace valued as 1 is called a hard hand.
Real Money or Practice Play
Fortunately, for Irish players who are new to the iGaming scene, most of the top online casinos now provide players the ability to alternate between Real Money gameplay and Practice Play. So, if you are a newcomer in the lucrative world of online blackjack, you can take advantage of free plays to help you hone your blackjack skills with no risk before you actually play real money blackjack games.
Play Live Dealer Blackjack
With a live dealer blackjack game, online players can enjoy a more realistic and immersive blackjack casino experience as they play against a live dealer in real-time, via high-definition video streaming. Live blackjack is an excellent option among Irish players who prefer to play casino games without leaving their home’s comfort but want to experience the social interaction and thrills of a traditional brick-and-mortar casino.
A Quick Glance at the History of Blackjack
The origin of the Blackjack game is among the most debatable points in the history of all casino games. Some say the game traces its roots back to a popular game in French casinos in the 17th century, called “Vingt-et-un”, which translates to ‘twenty-one’. Others believed the game started in Spain with the game ” ‘Trente-un,” Spanish for ‘thirty-one.
Regardless of where blackjack’s original form began, the game gradually expanded around both France and Spain. Eventually, it began to migrate and spread to the casinos in the United States, where it became known as twenty-one – a name that’s still frequently used to refer to the game today.
Basic Blackjack Strategies and Tips
One of the major reasons why blackjack appeals to many gambling enthusiasts is the fact that the game integrates a bit of skill, which means you can up your chances of beating blackjack through employing the right strategies during the gameplay.
In this section we will cover a few basic strategies that should help you on your journey to becoming a better blackjack player and increase your chances of walking away with the prize money:
- Split – Use this option when you happen to have a pair of either Aces and eights, but avoid splitting when you get a pair of face cards or ten cards. There’s a higher chance of a hand of 20 to score a win than you being dealt with an Ace card to either of the two separate hands they would create.
- Double – When it comes to deciding when to double down, you should see to it first that you have a ‘strong’ hand and the dealer has a weak ‘up’ card.
- Surrender – If you feel that yours is a very weak hand while the dealer has a strong ‘up’ card, surrendering is a chance for you to get at least half of your wager back.
- Insurance – Many experienced blackjack players would opt against using the insurance option.
Time to Hit the Blackjack Table!
Without a doubt, when it comes to card and table games, Blackjack is the most popular of them all. Not only does online blackjack offer players a chance to test their skills and go head-to-head with the dealer, but it also has one of the best payouts in the world of casino games. Unlike several other card casino games where luck plays a major role, in online blackjack it is a matter of working the best strategy to tip the odds in your favor.
Ready to try your luck and strategic skills, and see if you can get a blackjack? Make sure you choose the right venue for your blackjack gaming. You can’t go wrong when you take your pick from our top-recommended Irish-friendly blackjack sites.