Safe, reliable, and widely accepted, it’s not surprising that Skrill is one of the key players when it comes to money transfer systems online. On this page, we have put together a list of the top Skrill casinos so you can pick the one that suits you best. Read along to find out what Skrill is and how it works, why you should use Skrill, and how you can easily find the top Irish online casinos that allow Skrill payments.
Highly Recommended Irish-Friendly Casinos Accepting Skrill
Brief Introduction to Skrill
Previously known as Moneybookers, Skrill has had a reputation as a fast, convenient and secure method to transfer funds to and from online casino sites. Originally founded in 2001, Skrill was acquired by the Paysafe group of companies in March 2015.
Skrill is very popular among online casino players and is a widely accepted payment method of an extensive number of gambling sites around the world. Skrill extends its services to more than 200 countries worldwide and handles major currencies including EUR, GBP, USD, CHF, NZD, DKK, RON, CZK, HUF, PLN, SEK, SGD, BGN, NOK, and AUD.
Skrill Payments at the Top Casinos in Ireland
Skrill, another popular e-wallet payment system you can use to carry out your transactions at online casinos provides a wide range of benefits for online players. Accepted by a vast majority of online casinos in the world, Skrill serves as a safe and trusted middleman that lets you move your money over the internet without too much of a hassle. It allows instant deposits, and the speed when it comes to withdrawing money is a lot quicker compared to most other alternative options.
Creating a free account with Skill is simple and straightforward. After setting up your Skrill account, you can fund your account in various ways such as using your bank account or credit card. When it comes to your choice of online casinos accepting Skrill payments, Irish players are lucky to be spoiled with a multitude of options. You can choose one from our highly recommended Skrill online casinos, head to the site’s Cashier section and choose Skrill as your preferred payment method. Using Skrill won’t require you to enter your personal or financial details since all you need to provide is your Skrill email address. This means you can ensure you can maintain your privacy while making online gambling transactions.
Moreover, as an e-wallet, you can store money in your Skrill account itself. So, in effect, you get to process all your transactions in one account making your online deposits and withdrawals to and from your chosen Skrill online casino much easier and convenient.
How to Make a Deposit at Online Casinos with Skrill
Step 1: Sign up for your chosen online casino that accepts Skrill payment. You can’t go wrong when you choose any from our list of highly-rated Skrill online casinos.
Step 2: Set up a Skrill Account through the Skrill official website. Signing up is free and easy where you would need to enter your basic information such as your name, birthday, and email. Once your registration is confirmed via your email, you’re already good to go.
Step 3: Head to the deposit page of your Skrill online casino and choose Skrill as your preferred payment option.
Step 4: Input the amount you wish to transfer from your Skrill account to your online casino account.
Step 5: Confirm the transaction. Within minutes the funds should be transferred to your casino account and you can start playing.
How to Withdraw Funds Using Skrill
Withdrawing your money with Skrill is as straightforward as making deposits. Follow the steps we’ve outlined below and you will be enjoying your winnings in no time:
Step 1: Head to the withdrawal section of your online casino.
Step 2: Choose Skrill as your preferred payment method.
Step 3: Enter your Skrill account email address and the amount you want to withdraw. Once you’ve confirmed the process, the transfer of funds should be done almost instantly.
The Benefits of Using Skrill Payment
Skrill offers multiple benefits to online players when it comes to transferring money to and from an online gambling site. When carrying out payment transactions using Skrill, you enjoy the utmost confidentiality of your sensitive details. Your personal information such as your bank details would not go to the online casino database as you’ll only need to provide the email address you used when you set up your Skrill account. Moreover, Skrill fits perfectly as an all-in option when you want to add funds or cash out your winnings from your online casino account as this payment method caters to both deposits and withdrawals services.
Below is a rundown of the key benefits if you opt to use Skrill:
- Widely accepted payment method in online casinos
- Your personal details are kept private
- Advanced safety and security
- Service works both for deposits and withdrawals
- Almost instant access to your funds
- Easy and convenient to use
Disadvantages of Using Skrill at Online Casinos
- Occasional fees may be charged
- Not all countries are supported by Skrill. Some of the restricted countries include Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, and Syria. Due to strict gambling rules in the US, Americans may also have issues using Skrill at online casinos.
Skrill Payment Method Fees and Timeframes
Online casinos typically won’t charge you a fee on your deposits or withdrawals via Skrill. The only time you will have to pay a fee will be when you’re uploading money into your account with Skrill as well as when you’re withdrawing your money from your Skrill account and when currency conversion is involved. Here’s an overview of rates you can expect when making Skrill transactions. Feel free to check Skrill’s website to get updated information.
- Receiving Money – Free of Charge
- Funding Skrill using Bank Transfer, Fast Bank Transfer, or Maestro Card – Free of Charge
- Uploading money via NETELLER, Paysafecard or BitPay – a one-time fee of 10%, min. EUR 100, subsequent transactions fee is 2.99%
- Currency Conversion Fee – 3.99%
- Withdrawal fees through Bank Transfer – 5.50 EURO
- Withdrawal via VISA – 7.50%
Deposits made through Skrill will be processed almost immediately after you’ve confirmed the transaction. Meanwhile, withdrawal timeframes vary and largely depend on the online casino you play at. In general, cashing out is completed within 6 to 24 hours, or within 48 hours at the most.
Alternative Payment Options
The best online casinos offer their players a wide array of payment methods. So, if in any case, you find that Skrill is not the right payment method for you, there are a number of online payment methods you can choose as an alternative. Below are some Skrill alternatives you may want to consider.
- PayPal – Arguably the world’s most popular e-wallet system, PayPal is esteemed for its advanced security and tough measures to counter fraudulent activities. Playing at PayPal online casinos also guarantees that you’re only dealing with licensed and regulated online casinos.
- Neteller – Just like Skrill, Neteller is operated by Paysafe Group Limited. That said, both companies share almost the same features including in pricing policies making Neteller one of the best alternatives to Skrill there is.
- EcoPayz – EcoPayz is a global payment processing solution that offers a safe, private, and reasonably-priced way of sending and receiving money over the web. The biggest downside is that this payment method isn’t as widely accepted as Skrill.
- Entropay – Similar to Skrill and Neteller, this is an e-wallet popular among online gamblers. It requires less registration information requirements and is also easy to use, but not many online casinos cater to this payment method.
Skrill Payment Method: Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I use Skrill when making online casino deposits?
Skrill offers a quick and secure way of making online casino payments and works for both deposits and withdrawals. On top of these, by using Skrill when depositing funds to your online casino account, you can ensure that your personal financial details are kept private during transactions.
- Is it free to open a Skrill account?
Absolutely! Opening/signing up an account with Skrill is free of charge.
- How do I add funds to my Skrill account?
You can add funds to your Skrill account by transferring money from your bank account or credit card and all major currencies are supported.
- Is Skrill safe to use?
Skrill has earned a reputation for providing a safe, secure, and reliable banking option for online casino players. The company integrates advanced encryption and fraud protection technology, so you can rest easy knowing you’re protected while making transactions online.
- Are there any fees involved when using Skrill?
Depositing money at a Skrill online casino and withdrawing money from the site is essentially free. Charges generally apply when you want to upload funds to your Skrill account or withdraw money from your account.